Contract Operator Guidelines and policies
A. Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier guidelines.
B. Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License with proper endorsements in Washington.
- No current license suspension or revocation
- Cannot have a felony involving a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Work permit is not acceptable
- Must speak & read English
C. No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last three years as follows:
- Unsafe Driving
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 6-10 m.p.h. or more above the posted speed limit.
- Using a hand-held mobile telephone while operating a CMV
- Not using a seatbelt
- Distracted Driving
- No conviction of OOS violations
- No convictions related to traffic control devices in connection with a crash
- No railroad crossing convictions
- Failing to secure a load
- Reckless driving
- the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
D. No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
E. No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure on any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.)
F. A minimum of two (2) years experience in the operations of tractor/trailer equipment.
G. Must be 25 years old. (Drivers 25 years old and older are encouraged)